Bankability through World-Class Partnerships
Vionx leverages partnerships with world class technology leaders to deliver a bankable product backed by a trusted pedigree.
Ten companies — Vionx, United Technologies Corp., United Technologies Research Center, Starwood Energy Group, Siemens, 3M, Vantage Point Capital Partners. XL Catlin, New Energy Risk and Jabil— have come together to license, finance, manufacture, insure and deploy Vionx’s breakthrough vanadium flow storage system.
United Technologies: Inventor of core VRB technology via Battery Stack, Integrated Flow Field, and Key Investor
3M: Membrane Design and Manufacturer
Siemens: EPC & PCS Equipment
Jabil: System Fabrication
United Technologies Research Center: Ongoing Research and Development Partner
XL Catlin: Re-insurer
New Energy Risk: Insurance underwriter
DNV•GL: Independently Evaluated
Key Vionx Board Members
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
Mr. Kennedy serves as Chief Prosecuting Attorney for the Hudson Riverkeeper and President of Waterkeeper Alliance. He is also a Clinical Professor and Supervising Attorney at Pace University School of Law’s Environmental Litigation Clinic. Earlier in his career he served as Assistant District Attorney in New York City.
He has worked on environmental issues across the Americas and has assisted several indigenous tribes in Latin America and Canada in successfully negotiating treaties protecting traditional homelands. He is credited with leading the fight to protect New York City’s water supply. The New York City watershed agreement, which he negotiated on behalf of environmentalists and New York City watershed consumers, is regarded as an international model in stakeholder consensus negotiations and sustainable development. He helped lead the fight to turn back the anti-environmental legislation during the 104th Congress.
- Senior Managing Director and Co-Head of Starwood Energy Group, with responsibility for overall leadership of the business, including strategic direction, execution, organizational development and investor relations
- A123 Systems: President & CEO – Led from founding to become the largest lithium ion battery maker in North America and leading supplier of lithium ion based electric grid energy storage systems
- American Power Conversion: Vice President – Led marketing and global business development efforts, increasing revenue from $50 million to $1.5 billion
- Senior Vice President of Starwood Energy Group. Mr. Dash was responsible for transaction origination, execution and asset management activities, with an emphasis on utility-scale renewable energy and storage projects in North America
- Managing partner at VantagePoint Capital Partners
- More than 20 years of broad semiconductor technology expertise, specifically in the areas of semiconductor processing, advanced materials, power storage and management, and battery, lighting, and smart grid technologies
- Dr. Randhir Thakur, Ph.D. has a wealth of experience in the semiconductor and consumer electronics industry, while helping to grow new markets and new products.
- Executive Vice President and General Manager of Silicon Systems Group of Applied Materials, Inc, – Led the business offering manufacturing systems for flat panel displays and Applied Materials’ thin film solar products
- Executive Vice president of SanDisk Corporation – He served as executive vice president of Technology and Fab Operations and head of worldwide operations
Experienced Management Team
VP of Engineering
- Ambri: Vice President – Developed and launched prototype manufacturing capability
- A123 Systems: Co-Founder Automotive Business – Developed automotive prismatic battery module and led launches of multiple lithium ion battery manufacturing plants
- Patents: Holds 12 patents in the field of battery technology
VP of Operations
- A123 Systems: Vice President – Built supply chain for over 1 million square feet of lithium ion battery manufacturing capacity in U.S., China & South Korea
- Additional Manufacturing Experience: Manufacturing lead for Stion Corporation (thin-film PV) and Fluidic Energy (metal-air battery storage); Distinguished career as a plant manager at Texas Instruments
Director of Business Development
- NRG: Vice President – Developed and closed over $2 billion of new projects, experience covers traditional combustion turbine, solar and offshore wind projects in Northeast U.S. and hydroelectric in South America
- Consulting Experience: Principal at Energy Strategy Resources, LLC where he advised clients on power sector investments
VP of Program Management
- At ASML, the world leader in semiconductor lithography equipment, Mr. Toner was Vice President of Product Group Operations responsible for all operational aspects of delivering the next generation EUV light source enabling future chip transistor scaling furthering Moore’s Law.
- Prior to ASML, Mr. Toner held executive positions at Energy Conversion Devices, Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates and Applied Materials leading System Engineering and Operations driving new product development, operations strategy and factory expansion planning.